About one year ago, I posted a similar piece about small positive changes that make big differences in your day, and I thought we all probably needed a friendly reminder. Right? Ok, ok, I really just needed to be reminded that these few tips really help my day stay on a positive track.
Maybe these small changes will truly impact your day in a positive way too.
1. Try waking up one (1) hour earlier than you normally do to start your day. When I say get up, I don’t mean use that hour to check your Instagram feed or answer emails either.
Seriously, this may change your life! Waking up at least one hour earlier each day allows you time to relax a bit before the hustle and bussle of the day. I love having plenty of time for coffee in the morning. To be able to start my day in a calm environment is priceless. I’ve also use that time to do small task around the house like, clear the dishwasher, start a load of laundry, or pack my lunch.
Pro Tip: Go purchase an old school alarm clock. Place the alarm clock on the other side of the room from your bed. This will force you to get out of bed instead of having the convenience of pressing snooze.
2. Be still: Take 15minutes for yourself at some point during the day. Turn your phone off completely (15 minutes won’t kill you.) Meditate, pray, read a book/newspaper, or write in a journal.
3. Support at least one local small business: Instead of going to Starbucks, why not buy your cup of joe from a local establishment! Here are a few of my favs: Baby’s on Fire, Cafe Poupon, Ceremony Coffee, Carma Cafe, Pitango Bakery, DoveCote, and Artifact Coffee. Supporting local business has so many benefits, but best of all you are helping a neighbor achieve their dreams.
4. Reconnect with someone special: Take time out to check on someone that’s been on your mind lately. Sometimes life can get away from us… but today do not make any more excuses. Make the call! Call that family member or friend you haven’t spoken to in awhile. Actually call that person and if they do not answer, just send a quick text message saying “Hello!” Remember just because you follow your friends and family on social media, doesn’t mean you’re in contact with them. Nourish your relationships off the screen.
5. I love starting my day with feel good music. How about you make a “Rise and Shine” playlist filled with music that focusses on positive, hustle hard music! Maybe I should post my playlist?!
6. Last but not least, SMILE: It’s just that simple #PutASmileOnYourFace Sometimes forcing a smile as soon as you get out of bed actually helps start your day off on a more positive note. Remember smiling is contagious!
It takes very little to make a happy life!
Until next time,