28 Things I Want To Do Before Turning 29
Last week I turned 28years old…. Wow 28! It amazes me how time has flown by. I can vividly remember being 18 years old beginning my freshman year of college! That was 10years ago! Geez…… Now I’m almost 30…. It all came so quickly, but you know what?!?! I welcome it with open arms!
What does 28 years old mean to me? I’m not so focused on the fact that I’m so close to officially not being 20-something anymore, but that I want to make sure I am using my time on earth wisely. Each year of my life is a special gift from God and I really want to make sure I’m taking advantage of each day. I want to do things that make me happy and keep me excited about life. I must make sure that I am actually doing the little things I tell myself I want do but never actually get around to doing it. So, I made a list of 28 things I want to do before my birthday rolls back around next year. Deadline: November 8th 2015. The day I will turn 29.
28 Things I Want To Do This Year:
- Volunteer More- Basically, I just want to do more things that benefit others.
- Visit 10 different coffee shops around Baltimore and write about my experience. (Suggestions please?!?!)
- Commit to 3 days a week doing physical activities – Gym, November project, group fitness class. (Start Date Nov. 18)
- Watch three “classic” films. (Suggestions ?!?!?)
- Disconnect for a week. Y’all I am overdue for a digital detox!
- Climb a mountain/hiking somewhere on the East Coast.
- Read 5 books to completion (Please let me know of any books you think I should read.)
- Take a cocktails making class/workshop. (Anyone know of one in the Baltimore area?)
- Host a cocktail party to show off my new skill from the cocktail making class I plan to take 😉
- Take a road trip
- Pick up an instrument and take private lessons- I’ve decided on the Cello
- Take some type of crafting class.
- Go to a performance at any Baltimore theater.
- Visit Hampden’s 34 th Street during the holiday season to see all of the decked out holiday decorations.
- Purchase and send a post card from every trip I take this year. Also, send a postcard from different museums/ historical sites I plan to visit.
- Do a fast/detox/challenge.
- Continue to write daily in my Simplified Journal
- Daily devotion – Talk to God more.
- Visit Florida
- Attend a Ravens game- Don’t kill me people. I know, I know. I’ve been here for three years and I’ve never attended a game.
- Host two charity events to collect donations for a local cause.
- Eat at Woodberry Kitchen
- Get a library card from Pratt Street Library.
- Save more money.
- Attend Sunday Lunch at the Greenhouse on the Living Classroom campus / Waterfront Kitchen.
- Book a vacation outside of the USA.
- Go to the top of the World Trade Center
- Learn to ride my bike in the city. I am so scared to ride my bike alone. I’d like to become comfortable on the road with cars.
So, there you have it! My list of 28 things I would like to do this year before I turn 29. I will keep ya’ll updated on how I am doing throughout the year accomplishing my list. As I check each one off, I will make sure to writing about it too. I am excited to get started. If you haven’t already made your own To-do-list …MAKE ONE NOW, and share a few of you goals with me.
Until next time, xoxo Alysha @Discovercharmcity
Great. I’m from Baltimore as well